Monday, March 1, 2010

The Seeker's Song....

I’ve loved, I’ve laughed, I’ve lived and cried,
Every trick in the book I’ve certainly tried.


Success and fame are my loyal pets,

I made a killing on every one of my bets.


I’ve traveled the world over and oceans wide,

I’ve also brought my people honour and pride.


So many of my friends I’ve always bailed,

Seldom before in a venture I’ve ever failed.


Yet somehow at the dusk of my life,

I feel the emptiness and an internal strife.


There’s an urge to hold onto all things fine,

I guess it’s the insecurity of being past my prime.


I’m a seeker and till death I shall seek,

A little bit of love and a caring person to speak,


Death is inevitable and soon it will arrive,

But at that moment I wonder, will there be someone who wished I was alive?


Take my message, to you my heart I pour,

What good is success? does it matter how high you soar?


If at the end, you lament and say…..

"There isn't a single person on this planet,

who gets to know my everything anymore."

No comments:

Write... Pray!

I want to write. Mostly because I want to be read. Truthfully, because I want to be understood. I love writing because it leaves no scope fo...