Thursday, February 11, 2010

An open letter to my soul mate...

Dear Girl,

I feel that time has come for me to find my soul mate, my companion. I know you’re out there somewhere. Don’t worry, I’ll find you.

And when I do, I hope that you’ll love me because I’m Himanshu and not because of anything else. I hope you won’t get embarrassed when my clothes don’t match or be annoyed when I want to watch the last over of the cricket match. I’ll ru
n and call you the minute the last ball is bowled. And I promise to never call you while you’re busy watching the rerun of your favourite season of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. or Desperate Housewives.

I hope that you will remember that I love Yash Chopra Movies, not Quentin Tarantino, and that I love Shah Rukh Khan more than Aamir, and that I love the mindless comedies of Jim Carey as much as I love classics like Pursuit of Happyness and Juno.

I love reading, cooking, writing poetry, having long conversations, and also love taking long walks by the sea face. And if I cry in front of you in a movie, please don’t laugh at me. Please know that I am sensitive … in a manly, tough kind of a way.


I know, I’m not the best looking man around. I also know that my receding hairline can at times be the inspiration for my friend’s jokes. But I know that God has spent enough time giving me and my heart a big enough size to be able to accommodate all of this with a smile.


I pray that you’ll love me despite my tendency to forget birthdays, and if we happen to go out with your friends for dinner, please write their names really small on my hand so I can use it as reference. I’m a teacher and I love classical music and art. I also am a believer and pray at least once a day. Hope you don’t find any of those very “uncool”
.

Please know that I will constantly act strong and in control, but inside I am actually lost and confused. *(Just don’t tell my friends). Understand that loving each other means being together, but not all the time. We should never bail on our friends. Also understand that I may at times act jealous and overtly protective, but only because I have insecurities and not because you are doing anything wrong.

Please be honest with me without being hurtful.I promise to always be honest with you, because you deserve honesty. And I promise to open doors for you and buy your ticket when we go to the movies. Please let me do it, because it makes me feel nice. Not because I’m trying to put up a false show of chivalry for you to get impressed. *We can go Dutch when we eat out though.

And no, you’re not fat, or ugly. You don’t even need make up either. So don’t ever feel the need to ask any of the above. Oh, and don’t be upset if you’ve cut your hair and I don’t notice. I will love you even in Jeans and a T Shirt.

I hope you don’t think I’m asking too much of you. I just want to be happy making you happy. I’m coming to find you, so don’t go anywhere. Stay where you are, whoever you are. Any by the way, my name’s Himanshu.

Yours lovingly,

Himanshu

2 comments:

Janice said...

Best thing I have ever come across!! :)

himanshu kapadia said...

This is me... glad you liked it! :)

Write... Pray!

I want to write. Mostly because I want to be read. Truthfully, because I want to be understood. I love writing because it leaves no scope fo...