Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Nightmare...

It’s supposed to be dawn, I wake up,
I hear no birds, and no sun I see, No sights, no sounds,
Pitch dark is how everything appears to be.
I fold my hands to make my morning prayer,
Astonished, I realize neither is there.
Something’s wrong, I wonder and fear,
When I observe barbed wire everywhere near.
I try to lift my legs from the bed,
I find them tightly shackled instead.
I try to see what’s further ahead,
Scores of bodies lying dead!
What world is this, tell me my Lord,
What sin did I commit which I could not afford?
Why is there darkness and gloom all around?
Why is there not a single pleasing sound?
Just when I was about to weep,
There appears a voice firm and deep,
“C’mon you moron, enough of your sleep
You’re alarm’s long dead trying to beep”

No comments:

Write... Pray!

I want to write. Mostly because I want to be read. Truthfully, because I want to be understood. I love writing because it leaves no scope fo...